Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Runway Crazy

Ahhh, Wednesdays. Time for The Runway.

Many people have the Runway as well, but it's all because of me. You know who you are. You tried to come up with excuses not to watch. Or you tried to make me look all crazy....okay, more crazy. But then you watched, and you're more invested than I am.

Apparently, we're not the only ones. I read on one of the 3.2 million articles listed on Blogging Project Runway that the Runway season premier was the #1 show at their time slot across all networks. Then again, it's up against "Three Midgets, A Tranny and a Sweaty Puffy Coke Whore," "Everyone Kind Of Doesn't Mind Ronald Fitzgerald" and "Christians That Spin."

Eh, #1 is #1.

This past week on our #1 rated Runway, I was prepared for the worst episode of the season. The figure skating episode was forgettable in my mind. "Garden Party," "Flower Power"or "Red Lobster" as I've seen this past week's episode called, could have been another strike, but it turned into one of my favorite episodes. While they showed very little of the actual planning or construction (seriously, how did Nick's dress come to be?), they did manage to catch Daniel V, Chloe and Nick's Hallmark Precious Moment.

No, really, there'll be dolls coming out. Two mini-homos and a fag hag.

Of course, I went to the Runway website to look at their Bonus Video section. There are three videos there that made my week.

1) Daniel V. on coming out (3:15)
D.V.: "My mom teaches Sunday School...I sometimes feel more comfortable walking around New York City at 2:00 in the morning than I do walking around my own small hick town."

D.V.: "I've been shouted at walking down the street on a random afternoon,"faggot," because I had a messenger bag...The stupidest little things will just label you."

2) 80/20? Girls can only hope. (3:30)
D.V.: "Doing this in front of the camera, my relatives still don't know. But, at this point...I'm done. I'm just done....But, my ex-girlfriend still doesn't know."

D.V.: "If you want to consider me bisexual, I guess you can. I'm like 80/20....My parents think that this being bisexual is just a stage. Like I'm...trying things out."

Nick: "He's shopping."

D.V.: "And the gays will judge you just as bad for being bisexual."

And, we get final confirmation that Chloe is a true fag hag.

Chloe (to her gay friends): "That's okay, I wouldn't sleep with you either. Gross. You ho, I know where you been."

3) Nick, you know what camp you're in honey. (3:30)

Nick: "If I was on a desert island and I had to do it...for something. For food money. It can happen."

Chloe: "Those models are waiting for you to turn. Those models are dying to have you honey."

D.V.: "It's true they are. I heard them talking about it."

Nick: "Okay, back to Daniel."

Chloe: "I always have my gay radar on. That's my biggest fear...to date a gay guy."

I loves me some Chloe. And, really, the parents would love for you to be my girlfriend. There are technical and logistical problems with that, but I'm sure we can figure something out.

On a final note, I am still checking the site meter for certain keyword searches that would necessitate me taking certain parts of this blog down. I don't want to embarass or cause trouble for certain people or groups that I've blogged about. Except John and Mike. You bitches are S.O.L. And Smeagel. Screw him. But, not literally.

About 90% of the visitors to this blog are referred here by some combination of search engine keywords involving Daniel Vosovic. I'm not going to say what the other keywords are, but let's just say that I'm not the only one smitten by one Mr. D.V. Yeah, let's leave it at that.

No comments: