Tuesday, September 20, 2005

It doesn't matter if you're not gay or a teenage girl. If Gaiken is playing in your town... GO!

I'm going to VEGAS!!! Yay.

I talked to my friend John a month or so ago. He's now apparently is living in Sin City - let me be more specific - Las Vegas and he told me that I'm playing with his NAGVA team in the Vegas tournament at the end of October. At the time, I wasn't aware this was the case. I figured I should buy a plane ticket and start making some plans. $400 and a little pleading and begging with the boss to let me off work and...voila.

My last trip to the Vegas tournament was less than stellar. My flight that was supposed to land 45 minutes before my team's first match started but was delayed and I'm pretty sure I flew from Milwaukee to Vegas through Iceland. I discovered, running through the UNLV campus, that (a) the UNLV campus map is worthless, (b) I don't know how to read campus maps and (c) I don't have a good side to photograph when I'm running with two huge travel bags over my shoulders and an upside map in my hand.

My team pretty much ended up on the bottom and not in the good way. I finally learned my teammates names, unfortunately it wasn't until we lost two matches in a row in the Sunday double elimination tournament. And I reconfirmed that I'm not a gamblin man. I don't even like watching gambling. I like drinking. A lot. Why waste all that money that can be spent on liquor?

Things are looking up for this year's good times in Vegas. I've got a reasonably priced flight landing on Friday night, staying with John who already has a bottle of brand name liquor waiting for me and I'm told the team's pretty good.

We'll see.

No comments: