Monday, January 09, 2006

I didn't know your costume would be THIS elaborate

Yes, I am obsessed with the Runway. I loved the first season. I love this season.

Why, oh wise sage, many have asked.

Unlike the other reality shows where the whole goal is for the contestants to backstab, hoodwink or otherwise fuck over the other contestants in order to win something, the Runway is moral and pure. If it weren't for all the homos and hags, the Red States would love it. (But, I don't think Heidi "All-About-Trim" from BumFuck, Egypt and her pals designing shawls and burkas in a Lynchburg studio would be too interesting, but you never know. Huntington, West Virginia? Yes. Lynchburg? Probably not.)

It's all about beauty. It's all about creativity and innovation and vision. It's all about the talent of the designers. Wendy Pepper, from last season, was the exception and was rightly ostracized and demonized for all the strategery-izing and backstabbing and double-talking. She didn't have it, even though she, incomeprehensibly, got to the Final Three. (Although, I just read that both Austin and Kevin did show their lines at Fashion Week on the Runway runway. Yay for both of them!).

Ultimately, everyone on the show has to let their work speak for itself. And, if it's not beautiful and fabulous, then it's obvious they're going bye bye. They can't ally themselves with each other to vote someone out or screw someone over. They can't strategize to kill their biggest competition and cook them in stew.

Yes, there's all the drama in the workroom and at parties and in the suites and out on the Runway. But, the difference is, they're all saying the same stuff we're all saying out in front of the tv and it has no bearing on the results. They can talk all they want on the show, but they still have to produce up to standard or they're out.

And...FINALLY!, a reality show that isn't corny or truly stereotypical made up wholly of fags and their hags! There is no better entertainment. There can't be better one liners and catfights on the telly.

"...Uh uh. This ain't my first time at the rodeo."

"Oh, no, she better not come up in here."

"I don't believe in fair. [Take your hillbilly shoes over there...all in a look]"

"Sparkles!"

"I grew up playing with Barbies. I lived the whole Barbie culture."

I mean, come on now.

But, I'm not the only one. Every single person I've hounded into watching just ONE episode of the Runway is hooked. While I won't take all the credit...I will. In my acceptance speech, I'll thank Nick and Chloe and Daniel Vosovic and Zulema and Diana and Andrae and Santino and Jay and Kara Saun and Austin and Nora and of course Tim Gunn and Michael Kors and Nina Garcia and Heidi.

Then again, I'm apparently not as Runway-crazy as some others.

Project Runway: All Project Runway, All The Time

Project Outcast: Okay seriously, she takes the challenge requirements and materials and does it up like she's actually on the show.

Television Without Pity: Runway discussion board
AOL Project Runway discussion board

And from the Project Runway site:

The Runway auction top winners:

Nick's All Dolled Up

Starting Bid: $20.00
Winning Bid: $1,700.00

I thought I had it at $1500. Just kidding. Or am I? And, the PR blogsite says one can preorder Nick's actual Barbie. Believe, I'm all over it the second I see it.












Santino's Barbie

Starting Bid: $20.00
Winning Bid: $690.00

How much more did Nick get?












Nick's Social Scene

Starting Bid: $20.00
Updated bid: $510.00
2 days left!








Santino's Social Scene

Starting Bid: $20,00
Updated Bid: $365.00
2 days left







Daniel Vosovic's Social Scene

Starting Bid: $20.00
Updated Bid: $ 355.00

Two days left folks!

1 comment:

Brent said...

I've been saying from the beginning that Daniel V. was this year's Jay. The lollipop dress is hot. His model is fabulous. If V gets ousted, I'll boycott the Runway forevermore. And by forevermore, I mean until next season. Or until Nick is on again. Well, maybe I won't boycott, but I'll be mad as hell and everyone will hear about it.