Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Mary Poppins got her message across but she did it in a nice little musical number...

Gave away all the weekday shifts this week. Not being able to move my neck after a 6-hour shift combined with white trash that thinks 11% is a GREAT tip equals Bitchy Brent. So, when friends called and asked to take my shifts, I acquiesced...all but begrudgingly. "Yes, sure, absolutely, take it take it take it...do you want to work my Thursday too?" I can't wait until the fall rush comes. In the meantime I've gotten a lot done:

- Worked on all the sleep I missed pulling all-nighters twice a week in college.

- Got another spot out of the hardwood floor in my room

- Finally figured out my hardwood floor doesn't have a finish layer.

- Discovered that Yoplait Chocolate Mousse Style (Style? really?) Whips may be the most horrid tasting food item every created.

- Memorized Kathy Griffin's standup act.

- Improved my shaving technique. (Is it funny that I always hear Kyan's voice in my head..."Slow down buddy, that's a knife next to your jugular.")

- Listed things my parents kept from me: jello, driving stick-shift, shaving with a razor

- Listed things my parents didn't encourage but didn't care if I did figuring I would either not like them or prove Darwin's Natural Selection theory: alcohol, pot, Hawaiian Punch, gambling, shoplifting, asbestos...not a complete list.

- Listed other reasons I like going to Alterra On The Lake for coffee, reading and writing: the yogurt/granola/fruit cup, the dissolved sugar water, the indoor ambience, the shirtless tennis players across the street, the shirtless roller bladers, the shirtless bikers, the shirtless runners, the shirtless walkers, the shirtless beachgoers, and the impending eating disorder.

- Listed things I want to buy with my paycheck from volleyball camps: a new bed (why must Ikea be so...far...away?), matching 500 thread count blankets, a digital camera, a recordable DVD, the Garden State DVD, the Garden State soundtrack, a shirtless runner (where the hell is the strike through key on this thing?), actual furniture for the living room, new sluttly t-shirts to wear out to the bars.

- Listed the things I've listed.

1 comment:

Billie said...

Two Things:
Number One... the "< S > This would be struck out if blogger allowed this tag in the comments section < /S >" tag will do strike outs.
Number Two.. Did you get the shampoo I send to you, because I send you da shampoo for Fieene hair. If you did not get da shampoo I sent you, check for the yellllow slip. It will not say shampooo from mommie..."