Thursday, May 03, 2007

But Karen, we're playing poker...

Latest blows to the ego:

-1- Just when I was certain that I can at least claim "intermittenticus alcoholicalism" as a defining characteristic, I have to go and get a serious buzz during beer training at the new job. Seriously, it was just a beer sampler. Soon I'll be getting sugar highs from gum.

-2- Apparently I have a smaller dearth of liquor knowledge than the average middle schooler. I thought my response - "Does it matter?" - to customer questions - "What's your well vodka?" - was my attempt at the funny. Nope. The only liquor that's coming to mind as I prepare for a serious beer & liquor test is Bombay Sapphire. And only because it's the gayest name for a liquor since, "Blowing Sailors Under A Dock Single Malt."

-3- The managers at the new job have all asked about my availability at different times to which I've answered, "Nope, nothing. Totally open, no plans." Which is depressing as fuck the more and more I think about it.

-4- The results of my personality test were 93% across the board. I guess that's 7% closer to Hannibal Lector. Although, thanks to Heroes, we all know who's going to play me in the movie ala Monster. Goodbye Tom Welling. Hello Hiro Nakamura. Fuck me.

No comments: