Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Ahhh, the days of yore...

I've finally embarked on a massive cleaning spree. A Good Old Fashioned Cleaning Party of 1, if you will. I finally decided that I do not, in fact, need to keep my lecture notes from Geology 101, ArtEd 203 (Art Education for Elementary Teachers), C&I 330 MS (Middle School Math Curriculum and Instruction) among many others.

I came across a little paper I typed up way back in my sophomore year. The Resident Director that hired me for his new R.A. staff wanted to know what we were involved during our training semester for scheduling purposes, I guess. I printed out two copies; turned one in and filed the other for who knows what reason.

Here it is...Brent's Sophomore Spring Semester:

Astronomy 100 (Intro to Astronomy -- which ended up being far from "intro"...should you really need to know calculus to take a 100 class?)
English 102 (Intro to Fiction--which ended up being far from "intro"...7 papers plus a 8-10 page midterm paper and a 12-15 page final paper)
Music 133 (World Music--which ended up being far from "intro"...our exams had us ID the types of instruments and beat used along with the region and cultural group.)
Art&D 140 (Art Appreciation for Elementary Teachers--yeah, cruiser...although the professor hated me. Some people have no sense of humor.)
Math 117 (Experimental Math for Elementary Teachers--yeah, cruiser)
C&I 330 (Middle School Math Education)

Member, U of I Men's Club Volleyball Team
Intramural Sport Supervisor (volleyball, sand volleyball, wallyball and...softball?)
Illinois High School Association Volleyball Referee
Founding Member, Hawaii Club
Founding Member, Out-Of-State Illini Club
Pledge, Epsilon Delta School of Education Fraternity
Member, Minority Association of Future Educators
Pledge, Kappa Delta Rho Fraternity
Weston Resident Hall Government Rep
Weston Fl. 4 Rep
Reach One Teach One Tutor, Urbana HS.
Alternative Spring Break (Cleveland)
Resident Advisor Training

I used to keep one of those huge calendars on my desktop and wrote my schedule using 4 different colored inks. Somehow I managed a 3.4 GPA and Dean's List. The volleyball B Team won the Midwest Regional championship. The two clubs I helped found are still going strong. And, well, the U of I resident hall government system no longer allows representatives to push through legislation that allows slip-n-slides in its hallways. If only I could find a way to use my powers for good...

All those memories of being busy 24/7 are far in the past. So is the ability to pull an all-nighter twice a week. But believe that I'm catching up on that sleep now. Or I'm just old. Well that's depressing.

Good times. Good times.

1 comment:

Brent said...

What? Speak English man...