Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Perfect Birthday

I just had THE perfect birthday.

I got to sleep in, which rocks big time. After waking up, I got halfway through Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix for the fifth or sixth time. I love that book! Even though it's a little morbid by the end, there's something hopeful, even uplifting about that little dude Harry Potter. Isn't there a little Harry Potter in all of us? J.K. Rowling deserves a Pulitzer.

I got to work at Bucas to find that I was back-up closing again. Basically it means that I have to be there until about 10:30 or 11:00 pm. Considering it was my birthday and I wanted to go out, I was a little bummed. But, two of my tables told me that I was the best server they've ever had at a restaurant. Two more tables told me that I rocked big time. I made almost 25% tips on my total sales which meant some good money. And...none of the little kids running around took a pee-pee on a booster seat...again. How much better could a night of work be?

I ended up at Fluid with James, Becky and Peter...and had the best birthday celebration I think I've ever had. I wanted low-key but fun. I didn't need a huge deal made out of it or...even worse for me, a drag-happy-birthday-show. I didn't need drag queens in dresses that cost more than my entire wardrobe wishing me a Happy Birthday. I just wanted good friends and a good time with a few drinks. Low key. Awesome fun. There was a Chocolate Martini waiting for me at the bar when I walked in...plus a couple free shots. Then, James, Peter & Becky and I ended up playing some pool at Etc. I won $2 in the raffle because I chose envelope #28...considering I turned 28 on the 28th. Rock star.

I got to have my Long Beach at Etc. with Chambourd, which very few bars use in LBs. It rocked.
Who needs random hook-up sex when there's a great birthday night with ggggreat friend like I have? Not me. No way.

Oh, and I found the ABSOLUTE best blog I've ever read...Rotten Ryan, who seems anything but...

The BEST birthday in 28 years.

Or, at least I think I'm 28.

Life rocks.

No comments: