Monday, June 27, 2005

Oooohhhh no. We're not telling my mother I'm...28.

I don't really celebrate birthdays. Yes, it gives me an actual reason to go out. But that's about it.

Some signs that I really didn't think about my birthday:

1) I forgot it was my birthday. I went to buy cigarettes and got carded. The guy behind the counter looked at the birthday and said, "Happy almost birthday." What? "It's your birthday in 2 days." It is? After that I think he thought I had a fake ID.

2) I didn't ask for time off of work. I guess the upside is that maybe I can milk it for some extra tips.

3) I didn't know that I'm 27. For the last year, I thought i was 28. I've told people I'm 28. I've written down that I'm 28. I got depressed for a little while that I'll be 29. Turns out, after several repeated mathematics, I'm 27 and soon to be 28. Well, at least I've had the practice.

No comments: